Investment Risk Discloser
- Holding Period and Diversification
- There are a variety of options available to individuals considering purchasing physical precious metals. These options include a wide array of products, each of which carry different benefits and risks, along with varying margins and costs associated with their acquisition. US Coin Bullion specializes in bullion, semi-numismatic, and rare coins. We believe diversification is important to a strong investment plan. US Coin Bullion generally recommends that physical metals constitute between 10-20% of a well diversified portfolio. Some individuals or entities may recommend different amounts. If you choose to invest more than our recommended percentage of your wealth, please do so after consulting your certified financial advisor and accountant. Bullion and coins that are being purchased as parts of an investment strategy should be considered a long term investment. US Coin Bullion recommends a holding period of at least three to five years or longer on certified rare coins and semi numismatic metals. An effective holding period increases chances for profit, may differ from product to product, and may be longer in changing market conditions.
- Payment and Cancellations
- We accept payment by bank wire, personal check, or credit card on purchases of semi-numismatic and certified coins. We do not accept cash or money order. US Coin Bullion does not charge any additional fees for credit card use, but may offer cash discounts in certain situations. Bullion orders may only be paid via bank wire or personal check, and prices on bullion will not be locked in (fixed) until payment is received and a tape recorded telephone confirmation is conducted. We request that all orders over $100,000 be satisfied by bank wire, and we may place dollar amount limitations on certain payment methods. You should never go into debt to make an investment.
As a courtesy to our clients, prices on semi-numismatic and certified coins may be locked in via telephone using our recorded confirmation process. At this time, US Coin Bullion will guarantee prices for a period of five (5) business days during which a client may arrange and make payment. Typically, orders not paid within the allotted time period will be cancelled. US Coin Bullion may choose to liquidate a portion or all of a customer’s stored holdings to cover confirmed transactions for which a customer fails to make payment.
All bullion and semi-numismatic orders are final upon confirmation, and no refunds are available on bullion and semi-numismatic items. US Coin Bullion extends the right to all first time customers to cancel certified coin transactions at any time and for any reason up to seven (7) calendar days after the date on which the transaction was confirmed. All second and subsequent certified coin orders, as well as all bullion and semi-numismatic orders are final on completion of a tape recorded confirmation, and refunds will not be issued under any circumstances except where expressly guaranteed by individual state law and in accordance with specific provisions thereof.
- All products shipped by US Coin Bullion are fully insured until signed for by the recipient. Orders paid by check or credit card will not ship for at least twelve (12) business days after receipt of payment. Orders paid by bank wire may be shipped sooner, depending on current availability and inventory. Shipping times are affected by many factors outside of US Coin Bullion’s control and may change at US Coin Bullion’s discretion and without prior notice to customers or potential customers. US Coin Bullion makes no guarantee express or otherwise concerning shipping times on all orders, except where individual state law dictates otherwise. Lost or damaged shipments may be replaced at US Coin Bullion’s discretion either by replacing the order as originally confirmed, or by refunding the customer’s purchase price. Refusal to accept packages or returning packages to US Coin Bullion does not entitle customer to a refund. Packages returned to US Coin Bullion will be considered for liquidation, and will be liquidated at the then current bid price, which may be less than the original purchase price. Any discrepancies in deliveries must be reported to US Coin Bullion within five (5) days of receipt of the package, and all original packing materials must be retained and reasonably intact. After the expiration of 5 days from the day the packages are received, US Coin Bullion assumes all deliveries were received as ordered and will not address discrepancies.
- US Coin Bullion offers third party depository storage for our customers. US Coin Bullion may at any time change physical depositories, fee structures and additional and related charges (such as shipping and closure charges) without prior notice to customers. Coins and metals stored on behalf of customers are stored in a comingled account, and US Coin Bullion acknowledges an ownership stake in like products, not control over a specific piece or pieces. Please see our storage agreement for more details and limitations. US Coin Bullion retains the right to liquidate stored holdings to cover unpaid storage fees.
- We pride ourselves in having a competitive pricing structure and passing value on to our customers.
Our prices are set internally, and are constantly changing. Many considerations, internal and external including market conditions, demand, promotions, company performance and expenses, may contribute to the cost of purchasing coins from US Coin Bullion. Our prices are not necessarily related to, or affected by the prices at which other dealers or institutions buy, sell, or value the same or similar coins. The difference between our sell (ask) and buy (bid) prices is referred to as our bid/ask spread. That spread currently ranges between 1% and 20% on some more commonly traded bullion products, and between 15% and 28% on certified metals and rare coins. Spreads may decrease or increase over time, and bids may change such that the total value of coins purchased may decrease or increase by more than the amount of the bid/ask spread.
Coins must appreciate by more than the amount of the bid/ask spread before they can be sold at a profit. To illustrate this, consider a bullion coin that is purchased for $1000, at a 5% spread. This means that in this example, our current bid price at the time would be $950, and the coin must appreciate by more than $50 before it can be sold for profit. In another example, a numismatic coin purchased for $750 at a 25% spread would have a then current buy back price of $562.50, and must appreciate by $187.50 before a profit is realized.
- Buy-Back and Liquidations
- Creating a two-way market is a long-standing and important tradition at US Coin Bullion. For more than 25 years, we have offered to buy back all the coins we have sold at then current bid prices, and without any liquidation fees. Should you choose to sell the coins you have purchased from us, we would appreciate the opportunity to offer you our bid (buyback) price for your coins. Though you may choose to sell them elsewhere, or have them auctioned, we have found that we often offer higher prices for coins purchased from us than those which are widely offered elsewhere. The current bid price which we offer for coins is determined by market conditions, supply and demand, inventory needs, current promotions, and other considerations, and may be more or less than the original purchase price. US Coin Bullion makes no guarantees express or otherwise that profit will be made when selling coins back to us. Though we have always prided ourselves in offering industry leading bid prices on the products we have sold, we are legally prohibited from guaranteeing our buyback policy. As such, the policy is subject to change at any time and for any reason.
- IRA Transactions and Custodian Information
- US Coin Bullion may suggest custodians through which physical gold Independent Retirement Account (IRA) transactions may be conducted. Such companies are independent of US Coin Bullion, and we share no responsibility for loss or dispute arising from relationships between US Coin Bullion customers and such custodians. You should do your own due diligence in selecting which IRA custodian you wish to use.
- Risks, Growth Projections and Tax Liabilities
- Investing in coins and bullion involves risk. Such markets are unregulated, speculative and constantly changing. Though precious metals have always retained some value, US Coin Bullion makes no guarantee that coins or metals purchased from us may be sold back at a profit, or that investment can be made without risk of loss of principle.
Past performance does not guarantee future results. While the growth projections we make based on past performance, analysis, research, and common sense may be a good guide as to how investments may perform, they do not guarantee future growth or retention of value. Markets are constantly changing, and though individuals and institutions may make educated predictions regarding the future of precious metals, investments, and the economy, such predictions cannot be made with certainty. While bullion coins and bars are priced for the most part in accordance with the value of the metal they contain, semi-numismatic and rare coins have numerous other factors that contribute to value. These factors include intrinsic value (metal value), speculative interest, collector and investor demand, available supply, industry promotions, perceived value, and economic conditions. These coins may increase or decrease in value, regardless of and at times in opposition to changes in precious metals spot prices. Grades and descriptions of coins are opinions based on standards and interpretations that can and do change over time. While we guarantee that all the coins we sell are genuine, we expressly disclaim any other warranties, express or implied, including the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
Precious metals and coin investments are not for everyone, and US Coin Bullion makes no attempt to confirm the suitability of any product for any customer at any time. Regardless of opinions expressed and recommendations made by US Coin Bullion employees, it is your responsibility as an investor or collector to educate yourself and consider all risks, prices, and policies relating to your purchase.
We never give tax advice. Questions of tax liability and benefits are complicated and should be directed to your certified accountant. Though there may be tax benefits assigned to precious metals ownership, and certain products offered may fall under different reporting requirements than others, US Coin Bullion makes no guarantees express or otherwise as to the tax benefits of owning any product at any time.
- Our Account Executives
- We pride ourselves in our customer service and maintaining a staff of helpful and knowledgeable Account Executives is an integral part of our business. Our Account Executives have differing backgrounds and levels of experience. While we make efforts to hire and train Account Executive with experience in financial markets, US Coin Bullion’s Account Executives are generally not licensed financial advisors, and are not authorized to advise on the purchase or sale of any asset other than those specifically offered by US Coin Bullion. Our Account Executives are generally commissioned salespeople, and may receive higher compensation for recommending one product over another. Account Executives are not permitted to vary from or amend any policies set forth in this document, including pricing, returns, or guarantees. Any statements, warranties or guarantees made by an Account Executive that contradict what is in this booklet are not binding to the company. Please consult a licensed advisor familiar with the specific markets in which you are involved before liquidating any current investments to purchase precious metals. We do not give tax advice, and will not advise as to the tax consequences of purchasing and selling our products. You should consult your tax advisor with any questions regarding the issues of taxation.
- Trading One Product for Another
- We do not recommend trading one product for another, because in such transactions the customer pays the bid/ask spread on both the original product purchased and the product for which the trade was conducted. No one can know with certainty that any product will outperform another product. US Coin Bullion may, at our discretion, help customers facilitate a trade from one product to another. In such situations, customers should educate themselves about all consequences of such transactions.
- For Your Privacy and Protection
- Before purchasing precious metals, make arrangements for storage and safe keeping. Should you choose to send metals back to us for liquidation, you may mail them to US Coin Bullion at 390 North Orange Avenue Suite 2300 in Orlando, FL 32801, via registered, insured US Mail. Such packages should be independently insured through the mail carrier you use and we take no responsibility for packages until signed for by a US Coin Bullion employee. Packages being mailed should show no reference to the coins or precious metal in any way. Speak with your Account Executive for further details. Do not tell carrier or post office personnel what you are shipping.
Telephone calls are often monitored and/or recorded to assure quality customer service and policy compliance. We only contact people who have contacted us requesting help or information. We reserve the right to contact you even if you are listed on the national or state Do Not Call registries. Should you wish not to be contacted by US Coin Bullion, please request to be placed on our Do Not Call list. In doing business with us, you agree that any dispute with us which can’t be resolved informally shall be submitted to binding arbitration before the American Arbitration Association in Santa Monica, California, proceedings held in strictest confidence and with neither party entitled to recover consequential or punitive damages or attorney’s fees from the other party.
This document, along with storage agreements, marketing materials, company policies and other company information may be amended or altered. We update such documents as needed, and it is your responsibility to request updated copies or to view them on our website at www.uscoinbullion.com.
Should you hear anything in contradiction with the policies and procedures set forth in this document, it is important that you contact us immediately at 866.222.7203, Ext 200 or 202 to report such discrepancies.
- In Summary
- The most important part of the investment process is education. Before investing in any asset, including coins and precious metals, you should ensure that you have a thorough understanding of the costs, risks, and other considerations involved. We take pride in our knowledgeable staff and customer service, and we hope we are able to assist you in educating yourself regarding these products. Do not invest more than 20% of your assets without consulting an independent financial advisor. Make sure you can hold your investment for at least 3 to 5 years, and do not go into debt to purchase metals or coins. All markets move up and down, so be prepared in either case, and do your best to make educated and reasonable investment decisions.